When death occurs in a family there are many questions to be answered. This can seem overwhelming to those family members left behind to make important and lasting decisions. Remember that you and other family members are not left alone to answer questions and make decisions concerning the death of a loved one. Snapp-Bearden Funeral Home and Crematory personnel are involved daily in the assistance to families dealing with the death of a loved one. A caller to Snapp-Bearden Funeral Home and Crematory will not be received by an answering service. Funeral directors who work at the facility will answer all calls 24 hours a day. A funeral director will help you with the details and offer our assistance.
The person making the call to the funeral home after death has occurred may be asked the following questions:
1. Name of the deceased?
2. Location of the deceased?
3. Callers name and phone number?
4. Name, address, and phone number of the next-of-kin?
5. Did the deceased request traditional services or cremation?
6. What is a good day and time to make final arrangements?
When the appointment time has been set for you to come to the funeral home to complete details of the funeral arrangement you will be needing to bring to the funeral home items and information that are necessary to complete the arrangement. Some items to include:
1. Clothing for the deceased
2. Veterans Discharge Papers
3. Social Security Number
4. Recent Photograph of the deceased
5. Deceased birthplace, date of birth, and parents names including mother's
6. Education information for the deceased
7. Marital status to include name of spouse, children, and brothers or sisters.
8. Life insurance documents